ALERT! Hollywood Nexus members receive $5 off the contest entry fee. Click here to become a member, free!
CONTEST PRIZES: $5,000 Grand Prize plus recognition in Variety*, judges' feedback on EVERY ENTRY and more! Keep reading!
You're working hard to produce great
material, but what good does it do when your finished, polished work
gathers dust because no one or few in the industry see
screenwriting contests, the Hollywood Nexus Screenwriting Contest pays with cash and publicity. The winner of our
annual contest and 5 finalists are recognized in a print ad in
Variety*, along with the address of this website where interested parties can
find out more about the winners, read excerpts of the winning screenplays,
and contact the winners.
The contest semi-finalists who made it to the second round of judging also receive recognition and the option to post contact information on this website.
In addition to our ad in Variety, Hollywood Nexus also sends out direct mail and email advertisements to leading industry agents, producers, and managers, encouraging them to visit our website to find outstanding new screenplays and talented screenwriters.
Suppose you enter the
contest, are the winner or a finalist, get recognition in Variety, and sell or option your screenplay as a result. How much money does The
Hollywood Nexus take as a finder's fee? None. You retain ownership of your
material at all times. The contest does not ask for a finder's fee, and we
never ask for part ownership of your work. We only ask for the entry fee
for the contest.
Unlike other Screenwriting Contests, the Hollywood Nexus Screenwriting Contest also provides Judges' Feedback on EVERY ENTRY, regardless of final placement in the contest. You might pay hundreds of dollars to receive the feedback of industry professionals through other means, but we provide it free as part of the contest.
We also pay cash prizes for our winner and 5 finalists:
- Grand Prize Winner: A cash prize of $5,000.
- The Second Place Winner (next highest rank after Grand Prize): A cash prize of $1,000.00.
- The Third Place Winner (second highest rank after Grand Prize): A cash prize of $500.00.
- In addition, the Grand Prize Winner and the 5 finalists will have their names published in at least one print ad in the trade publication of Variety in April or May of 2008. The verifiable retail value of one ad is approximately Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00).
We accept entries from all locations, including Internationally, except Colorado and Vermont (sorry, folks). See our Application and Release Agreement for details.
Deadlines and Entry Fees:
Early Entry Deadline: July 31, 2007. Fee: $45 ($40 for Hollywood Nexus Members)
Final Entry Deadline: November 21, 2007. Fee: $55 ($50 for Hollywood Nexus Members)
you'll agree that the Hollywood Nexus Screenwriting Contest is the one screenwriting contest you can't miss!
complete rules and entry criteria, please see our
We share our judging criteria and tips for doing well in the contest.
Click here for details.
* The Hollywood Nexus Screenwriting Contest is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with Variety, Daily Variety, Reed Elsevier Inc, or Reed Business Information. The Hollywood Nexus purchases ad space in Variety at contest completion to publicize our winners. Variety is a trademark of Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.